I am not going to beat around the bush on this one, but this meatloaf is the best, seriously. Growing up, I was never one for the meatloaf. I mean, what is the meatloaf anyway but a breadpan full of meat with ketchup slathered on top, a mix of vegetables, and breadcrumbs, right? Having grown, I have learned to love the meatloaf, in particular, the one I am going to discuss below. If you are truly looking for comfort, then come on in.
- Nearly 1/2 pound each of ground beef, ground pork, ground veal
- 1/2 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3 pieces of white bread, crust removed, torn into small pieces
- Your favorite barbecue sauce
Cook time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Once cooked, remove from the oven and let it cool for roughly five minutes. In the meantime, warm up more of the bbq sauce. Remove the loaf to a serving dish, and drizzle the sauce on the top. Serve with your favorite sides. I served mine with mashed potatoes. Trust me, this one is really delicious.