Based on the title of this post, it is a mouthful. Chicken raspberry chipotle pizza. Not only is it a mouthful to say, but this one is going to have you coming back for more. The true sweetness of the raspberry preserves, along with barbecue sauce and chicken, is a true delight.
This recipe was handed down from my parents, who time after time, insisted that I make it. Well, I did make it and as others might tell you in passing ‘you should always listen to your parents’.
- 1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup of raspberry preserves
- Store bought pizza dough, or roll your own
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups of chicken (I used left over fried chicken, skin off) You could use sliced chicken breast
- 2-3 tbsp fresh, chopped cilantro
This one is super easy, so lets get started. Preheat your oven to 425. In the meantime, lightly oil a baking pan and place the pizza dough on top of the pan. In a bowl, mix your raspberry preserves, barbecue sauce, and chipotles. Spread onto the pizza dough. This is your sauce. now, add a bit of the cheese, onions, and chicken. Continue this layering process until the ingredients are gone. Cook for 18-22 minutes until crusts are a nice golden brown and the cheese has melted. Top with the chopped cilantro, and serve.