This is my take on a game day plate of nachos. A dish where you can gather round, have a cold beer, and enjoy together.
- Bag of good corn chips (I use El Rey brand). Tostitos hold up as well.
- Shredded cheese (I use a cheddar, or marble jack)
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced roma tomato, seeds and pulp removed
- Diced onion (red, white, or yellow)
- Pickled jalapenos
- Cooked black beans
- Cooked Mexican chorizo (optional). You could also use shredded chicken, ground beef or turkey, or no meat
- Sliced black olives
- Cheese spread, yes, I said it. I use Tostito brand, or you could melt down some Velveeta
- Chopped cilantro
- Avocado slices
- Spoonful of sour cream
- A squeeze of lime
Looks like a lot right? Well, as stated, you can be as diverse as you want when it comes to these nachos. You can pick and choose from these ingredients, but this is how it goes for game day.
To arrange, place a layer of chips on the bottom of a large serving dish. Top with a thin layer of shredded cheese, some meat, black beans, and the onion. Then, drizzle a bit of the cheese spread over that. Warm these up in the microwave for about 30 seconds, remove, and add some of the cilantro, tomato, olives, and lettuce. Add another layer of chips, and add the remaining ingredients, keeping in mind that you don’t have to microwave it this time. The hot beans, meat, and cheese spread should hold everything togehter. Top with avocado slices, jalapeno slices, drizzle with lime juice, and a large spoonful of sour cream on the side.Â Trust me on this one, you and your guests will love it!